Slime making is an excellent task that requires multiple ingredients. Kids can make mistakes while making slime leading to the wastage of money and various costly products. Moreover, an essential component called borax is predominantly used in making soft and gooey slime. But, as borax is an eye and skin irritant, many parents opt for alternatives to make slime. Even, some of the ingredients are present right in the kitchen and bathroom. One of the ingredients is “shampoo.” Yes, you can make slime with shampoo too. It will be fluffy, stretchy and cost-effective.
You Need To Take Care
If you are going to engage your kids in the slime making activity, make sure they are appropriately covered with face mask, goggles, etc.
Keep on checking your kids as the shampoo can get into their eyes, providing shampoo can cause burning sensation to the eyes.
Shampoo is not edible. So, don’t let them taste the slime even if they want to do so.
Cover yourself too. Stay near a wash basin so that you can wash your hands and eyes if shampoo contacts with your eyes by chance.
What Kind Of Shampoo Is Best For Making Slime?
We would suggest any kind: the thicker, the better. Baby shampoos are not thick. Any adult shampoo is okay to use.
Another essential ingredient is cornstarch.
Let’s Take A Look At The Ingredients Of Slime Making
- Shampoo ( any thick kind, but not baby shampoos)
- 2 cups ( 1 for measuring shampoo and 1 for measuring cornstarch)
- Mixing bowl
- Food coloring ( if you wish)
- One tablespoon
- One blending spoon
Here Is How You Can Make Slime With Shampoo
- First, you take ½ cup of shampoo and ¼ cup of cornstarch.Put both the ingredients in a bowl.Mix them.
- Secondly, add 3-4 drops of food coloring ( the more the drops, the darker the color will be).
- Thirdly, pour 1 tbsp of water in the bowl.Stir well.
- Now, slowly and gradually add 5 tbsps of water.Keep stirring well after pouring each tbsp of water.
- Finally, knead the concoction for approximately 5 minutes till it becomes a single soft mound.
Feel the texture as it is supposed to be dry, slippery, sloppy and stretchy. The lump shouldn’t stick to your hand.
If you find the mixture to be still sticky even after kneading it for 5 minutes, add more cornstarch to the already made slime. Again, massage it till you get your deserved consistency.
When Can You Understand That Your Recipe Is Accurate?
If you get a semi-hard, stretchy, moist but non-sticky, gooey and dough like slime, you can comprehend that the concoction has the right measurement of each ingredient.
You can cherish your shampoo as a product for multiple uses as it not only washes your strands of hair and make them beautiful but also gives you the fluffiest and cushiony slime.