Slime making is a refreshment for young minds that sometimes get fatigued due to the study pressure. Plus, creating slime with glue doesn’t require a hefty amount of cash. The glue needed in slime making is easily available in retail stores.
Slime making is also a great stress reduction medium. The children happily engage in the sensory play. It also helps in socialization as they can mingle with each other for playing with the fluffy and gooey slime.
If you want to experiment with the slime’s consistency, you can try by adding more or less of the ingredients. If you are a first-timer, begin with the small amount for avoiding much waste. Later, once you get accustomed to the making procedure, you can add more ingredients to create a large amount of slime.
How Can You Steer Clear Of The Unnecessary Wastage Of Slime-Making Components?
- Learn about the ingredients in details both from the online and offline medium.
- Educate yourself about the importance of those ingredients and know the reason for their existence in slime manufacturing.
- Keep a check on the kids. They can misunderstand specific steps, fail to add a particular ingredient, become confused between teaspoon and tablespoon, and make mistakes regarding the measurement of the components leading to needless wastage. The result of these activities leads to the failure of slime making.
- Ingredients coming from the same brand can be different owing to the variation of the residing country. Get thorough knowledge about each component and their usefulness and side effects.
Never try to alter any ingredient while making slime with glue.
Substituting any component may lead to a chemical reaction.
Kids are sensitive and can be adversely influenced by ingredient like laundry detergent that can cause skin irritation.
Procedure For Making Slime With Glue
Ingredients Needed For Making Slime With Glue
- Laundry detergent (liquid)
- Note: All kinds of laundry detergent may not work for making slime. You can do experimentation by trying using various types of liquid laundry detergent.
- Food color if you wish
- Shaving cream (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Blending spoon
Recipe For Making Slime With Glue
- Firstly, pour some amount of glue into the mixing bowl.
- Secondly, add shaving cream. It will make the slime fluffy. You can put more shaving cream for more fluffiness.
- Thirdly, give food color. The amount depends on your choice. The more color you will add, the deeper tone you will get.
- Fourthly, pour the laundry detergent into the same bowl that contains the glue, shaving cream, and food color. The ratio of the detergent and paste should be 1:4. It means less detergent and more glue.
- Blend the ingredients well together using a spoon. It will take some time. Don’t stop until the concoction becomes putty-like. The texture of the mixture should be stretchy, soft, fluffy, thick and non-messy. It shouldn’t stick to your hand or leave traces or drops of slime when you hold and move it.
If you get your desired consistency and can easily pull, roll, press and make various shapes with it, then congratulations to you. Your slime with glue is perfectly prepared.
Slime making is a highly growing trend among the little kids and teenagers. Keeping the safety issues in mind, enjoy slime making. Don’t let your kids remain alone during the ongoing process. Let them play with slime and explore their creativity.