Today, we will learn to make Crystal Slime!
The popularity of slime is growing day by day. Previously people used to buy slime from stores for various purposes. Nowadays, the “Do it Yourself” mania has dominated the world. The cherry on the cake is that slime-making is super easy. You can get all the materials needed in nearby stores, retail shops that sell school project kinds of stuff, grocery shops, different shopping stops and in your kitchen and bathroom too.
Presently, the craze of slime has gone to the next level. People are adding glitters, plastic toys and many other things to make the slime more exciting and heart-warming.
You don’t have to shed hefty cash or run here and there for arranging the ingredients. The process is simple. You have to be patient as the concoction may take some extra time to become a single lump.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Elmers Glitter that comes with glue
- Loose glitter for extra shine
- Water (heat it to make it warm)
- Food color (only if you wish)
- Borax powder
- Super absorbent diaper polymer ( It is 100% biodegradable and non-toxic, and can be used for multiple purposes and school projects. If you are searching for it online, you can buy it from Amazon)
- A spoon for mixing
- A spoon for taking an ingredient like borax powder
- A spoon for taking super absorbent diaper polymer
- 1 cup for storing the warm water
- 2 bowls
Don’t forget to wear an apron, faces guard like a mask and goggles to stay away from the accidental contamination of borax into your mouth and eyes.
Keep small children away from slime making procedure. However, they can watch from a fair distance. Older kids are okay to participate in creativity.
Now, Coming To The Crystal Slime-Making Process
- First, you take the glued glitter and pour it ( whole tube or your desired measurement) in a bowl.
- Add some water to it and mix well.
- Second, you have to take 1 cup of warm water and 1 tbsp of borax ( the container should be separate ).
- Stir well.
- Third, pick the super-absorbent diaper polymer ( Another name of super-absorbent diaper polymer is “ slush powder.” )
- Take another bowl and put one spoon of super-absorbent polymer in it. Add some water.
- Now put the borax + water mixture, and super-absorbent polymer (SAP) + water mixture into the bowl where glued glitter + water mixture is stored.
- It means borax, super-absorbent polymer, and glued glitter should be in a single bowl now.
- Add loose glitter if you want more shimmer and shine.
- Blend the whole things very well.
- Keep on stirring.
- Knead it until it takes the shape of a single lump.
Points To Check
- See the texture if it looks like a fluffy jelly crystal. Rub to feel if it’s dry to touch from the outside with the soft moisturized slippery, stretchy jiggly qualities. The lump should get separated as chunks.
- If you wish to get solid colored slime, add few drops of food color to the final mixture before blending and kneading.
Your crystal slime is ready. Now massage, squeeze, make toys, bounce and do whatever you like with your newly constructed slime. Preserve it in a zipped bag and never taste it.