Fluffy, smooth slime can keep children busy for hours. Considered as safe and edible in some instances, slime has become a popular trend with little kids and teens. Don’t have to worry about the ingredients of making slime as they are available in standard retail corners and right in your home kitchen.
The shape changes as you pull, twitch, roll, roll, and squeeze a slime. A fluffy slime melts when you touch it with warm hands.
Note For Parents
Remember that slime making is a messy process. The components can get on our clothes, in our mouth or spread on the floor. Therefore supervision of children during slime making is essential. They are very sensitive and vulnerable to the side effects of the chemicals used in slime manufacturing. So, we suggest covering yourself and your kids with appropriate preventive things like an apron, face mask, and goggles.
Please do the slime making near the washroom. If by any means, any constituent gets into the eyes or mouth, you can immediately wash it off thoroughly.
After making the fluffy slime, you must clean the floor, table, bowls, spoons and the entire surroundings. Don’t let your kids swallow the soft rubbery slime. If they eat it, seek a doctor. Also, take care of the added small toys (optional) as the little darlings can chew them too and get choked.
Now, Let’s Make Some Fluffy Slime
Ingredients Required For Fluffy Slime
- Borax solution
- Note: Mix 1 teaspoon of borax with 1 cup of warm water. Blend until the mixture becomes clear.
- School craft glue or adhesive ( 1 bottle)
- Foaming shaving cream
- Contact lens solution ( if you wish)
- Food coloring agents ( optional: if you want colorful slime)
- Essential oil (as per your desire)
- A medium sized bowl
- One mixing spoon
- 1 extra bowl for emergency need (optional)
- One bowl of cold water ( it is optional: in case you experience any irritation or burning sensation on your hands’ skin)
What Should You Do To Make The Slime Fluffy?
Before starting the activities, we must inform you that altering any ingredient may fail the entire hard work. Also, you must take the expert’s advice before substituting any component if you are new to slime making activity. The changing of the measurement of the ingredients can affect the texture and color of the slime.
Instructions For How to Make Fluffy Slime
- Pour the entire glue bottle into the medium-sized bowl.
- Put ½ to 1 cup of foaming shaving cream ( the amount of foam will depend on the amount of fluff you want).
- If you want to give your slime a dash of exciting tint, add food coloring.
- Drop a few drops of eye contact lens solution to make the slime less sticky.
- Stir the mixture carefully.
- Now, add 1 teaspoon of borax solution.
- Stir well and don’t stop until the concoction becomes a single clump.
- Knead or message the moistened clump with your hands and see the mound transforming into a fluffy, soft, stretchy, gooey and elastic slime that is lovely to touch.
- To add more excitement to your slime making activity, add a few drops of essential oil. You will be amazed, as your slime will smell excellent.[Note: You will get various kinds of scented essential oils in the retail shop.]
How To Make The Slime Less Sticky
- If the concoction becomes exceptionally sticky, add more contact lens solution. If you feel that the mixture is not fluffy, gooey or colorful as per your wish, you can add more glue, food color, and shaving cream. You must knead the whole concoction again.
- Store slime in an airtight container or a zipped plastic bag to save it from drying out and growing mold.
Unleash the creativity of your children and channelize their energy into the exciting slime making activities. Let them self-regulate by playing with the beautiful fluffy slime.